Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Day in Chicagoland

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes today. It's so great to read all the messages from my family & friends! This morning, my sister & I had a nice CompuTrainer ride at Endure It with Sarah Fix leading us.
Today, we are so lucky to have the sun out! It makes for another beautiful fall day in Chicago!
I thought I would post a couple of our fall family photos that my sister took. Cherie does all types of photography, you can reach her at ccmcphoto@yahoo.com.
For the first time ever, I started drinking alkaline water. I'm still in the learning process with this water. But today my sister & I learned from Dr. Jim Kowal, at RUAH Center, that a completely healthy body is suppose to be 80% alkaline & 20% acidic. Dr. Kowal said we should be eating a good base of alkaline foods, such as vegetables, fruits and alkaline water. However, as Americans we typically eat a lot of acidic foods, such as red meat, chicken, potatoes and alcohol. Dr. Kowal said even the water we drink from Lake Michigan has a lot of acid in it (from the rain). We really enjoyed our visit with Dr. Jim Kowal at his RUAH Center. He is a wealth of knowledge in regards to how to live a healthy life. I highly recommend checking it out.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your fall day!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're having a great Birthday! It's the start of a terrific year!!! I'm excited to be able to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I did not know you had a blog - happy birthday and awesome about how good things are going for you now. THANK goodness!! :) x

    ReplyDelete