Thursday, October 20, 2011

1 year anniversary

Today mark’s 1 year of being cancer free. Last year, 365 days ago I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer. I want to thank each and every one of you for how you have touched my life and my family lives. As one friend said to me today, “I remember telling you a year ago that this was just a bump in the road. With you signing up for Ironman it’s how you are paving all of those bumps into one smooth and majestic “Freeway” I love that.

Today is my first time blogging. I'm still trying to figure out how blogspot works, I'm at the point of learning as I go. But today was a great day celebrating 1 year of being cancer free. I did a some spa treatments and then lunch with a couple friends. Life is too short to not have good friends. I really cherish my times with friends. We all look forward to the ages when our kids will be in school and we can go to lunch anytime. But then we will all miss those days when the 2 & 4 year olds are pulling at our sides.

Hope to chat with you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom and I are very proud of you and the way have have handled yourself this past year. You have always had a smile on your face, especially when you are with Annabelle and Elizabeth. It's obvious how much they love being with their mommy. Last week driving them home from the lake they kept asking how soon they would see their mommy, and they had the biggest smiles when we met you.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete