Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hot Cider

Today was the Hot Cider 8 Miler in Wheaton, IL along the Danada-Herrick Trail. I ran with my old running buddies Betsy Kowal, Lisa Jonkheer and Jessy Milonas. Betsy, Lisa & I started running together 10 years as part of LifeTime fitness running club. The running club helped us find a wonderful group of friends for life.
Today it was nice to catch up during a very scenic fall run. The leaves were falling a beautiful yellow and orange color. This is a race I would go back to, you even ran around the old horse track. At the end we weren't excited about the grassy path, but it sure was easy on the knees today. The whole path around Danada is crushed limestone. My husband and kids joined met us at the race, the kids were excited that I said we could go to the Cosley Zoo afterwards. I think Annabelle ate more post-race food then most racers. The hot cider was very good (pictured here)
Yesterday I did my first 90 min Computrainer class at Endure It. Some how that 90 mins was 1:45 when we got off the bike. I did meet some nice folks that workout at LifeTime, which will come in handy this winter.
Hope you had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment