Sunday, August 12, 2012



Rainbow Aug 10, 2012
August 10 was my final ride for 100 miles.  I was watching the weather this week because we finally had high winds and storms predicted.  Our 1st attempt of Thursday we decided to move it to Friday for a less a chance of storms but a higher winds up to 25mph from the north.

I really spend too much time worrying about the conditions, I have to stop doing that.  The ride turned out to be a strong cross wind because we headed west to Rochelle.   We crossed farm roads of sunflower fields, hogs, cows and
horses.    But the best thing we came across was the rainbow!  Luckily the sun followed us afterwards to warm us up and keep away the stormclouds.                                                          
I really can't believe I'm 4 weeks away...by the end of Saturday's 13 mile run that followed the 100 it all came clear.  It's about getting through the pain.   Those last 6 on Saturday I was tight and my right knee decided to be painful for the first time.  I told Betsy, "It's about working through the pain" the rest of the day we were asking each other how we felt.  Dave & Betsy were up for the 13 which is amazing with out having to do that for any training.  It's so nice to have company.  Lynn my friend is a unique soul to want to do 100 miles with me.  If anyone is luckily enough to train with her I encourage it.  She's strong through anything. 

I'm hoping the 20 miler this Friday a.m. will have some recovery built into it prior.   Keep you posted soon on the spectator guide for Ironman.  

1 comment:

  1. SOOO excited for you!!! Wow-you are such an Amazing Inspiration Diana! Can't wait to follow that day with pictures and posts! You are going to ROCK it! :)

    ReplyDelete