Monday, August 27, 2012

Inspirational

It's count down time...13 days until Ironman Wisconsin.  Today in the mail I received a very inspirational book made by a good friend Brooke Ferguson.  Here are just a few:

"If it doesn't challenge you, It doesn't change you" 

I feel like in my life I've been given a few challenges and succeed through them.  This is an physical challenge which some would say I'm putting my body to the test.  Yes, I agree but it's the challenge that will change your life. 

"Cause when people tell me I've inspired them it makes me feel so proud"  

I do hear this often and it's such nice compliment that I usually don't know what to say back.  But I am so proud of each and everyone of you for getting out there and getting healthy. 

"Mind/Matter"

"Anything is possible 140.6"

I have to say I think I'm writing this on my forearm race morning.  I want to be able to see there and keep going that anything is possible. 

It will hurt.
It will take time.
It will require dedication.
It will require willpower.
You will need to make healthy decisions.
It requires sacrifice.
You will need to push your body to its max.
There will be temptation.
But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT. 

This quote says it all!  I really don't have to explain Ironman training & racing after reading that quote. 

My daughter became a kindergartner last week.  It makes me think that all of these chapters in our life that we realize what really matters.     As my coach reminds me, "Remember why you signed up for Ironman".  

No comments:

Post a Comment