Monday, July 2, 2012

 The Farm in Burlington, WI.   Sarah & David Fix invited me up to bike long course hills with them.  Sarah is an extremely talented rider.  She's done 13 Ironman, to hear her stories Friday night and ride Saturday along with Lizzie, Eithan, Sarah L. and Jill was perfect.   Friday night we made smores in the fire, I loved this idea.  How often do you get to make smores in the fire during the summer, not often enough.  Before this Sarah gave us a tour of the farm.  There are cows, horses, goats and achers and achers of farmland. 

Sally was very generious to have us.  Her farm house above is the guest house the triathetes stayed.  This is a gorgious home with a wonderful outdoor pool. I personally think it should be used in a romantic movie set (but that's just me)   
Saturday morning we woke up at 4:45 to get a start on the heat and finish our day to still get back to hang out with our families.    Before we left I told the bikers that I'm being tracked.  My dad had a great idea to track me via a Garmin tracker.  It will be great when I'm out on a ride alone.  But the cool part was that my family could see where I was and my MPH all day.     

We started out for the first loop going SW around Lake Geneva, this was hilly as you can imagine.  I think the worst part was Fontana until you got back to Lake Como.  There are 3 to 4 extremely steep uphills where you are spinning or resulting in standing to move foward.   The 2nd time we hit it my hands were so sweaty I was holding on for life as I climbed.   Nothing can compare to the feeling when you are at the top of a very long windy WI hill.  

After the 1st loop we came back to Burlington to drop off Eithan & Jill.  Then we rode back to the SW part of Lake Geneva to Hubron and 12 miles south which became flat (which most call it the Hubron -Barrington route).   Once you were outside of Hubron the roads were very bumpy.   Sunday and Monday my upper back/shoulder blades have taken the biggest toll.  Once we got back to Hubron we went around to Fontana, Lake Como and to Burlington completing 108 miles with an average of 17mph.  I'm happy with the ride over all!  I can't believe we did 108 miles, yahoo!   And the last 80 miles I did was in hilly Wisco too...so I'm really thrilled Sarah hosted this wonderful opportunity.  Thank you Sarah & David. 

No comments:

Post a Comment